WSP file extension does not open Word Splash Pro
When a WSP file is opened using the File Explorer or My Computer, Word Splash
Pro should start. Users that have installed Paint Shop Pro may find that Paint
Shop Pro starts instead. The WSP file extension has been taken over. To switch
it back to Word Splash Pro you must reassign the file type.
Every version of Windows is a little different, but these instructions should
get you through the process.
- Start the File Explorer or the My Computer.
- Find the FOLDER OPTIONS item under one of the menus. It's located
in different places depending on which version of Windows you have, but look
under the Tools or View menus to start.
- Once the Folder Options window is displayed click on the FILE TYPES
tab page. Here's where you match a file type to a program. Find the WSP
file type in the list, or the "Paint Shop Pro" item in the
- Click the Edit or Advanced button, which ever is available.
- If there is a Description of Type text area at the top (it may not
have a label), use it to type in "Word Splash Pro Puzzle".
- Next, change the Icon (graphic) to use the Wsplash.exe file. You
may wish to use the BROWSE button to find the Wsplash.exe program
file on your computer. The default location is:
"C:\Program Files\Chronasoft\Word Splash Pro\Wsplash.exe"
- When editing a file extension you'll also find a list of actions that can
be taken in the file manager. These are listed under the icon entry area.
Usually you'll just find "open" listed, but sometimes other
actions are also implemented. Click on "open" and then press
the EDIT button.
- We now want to change it to start Word Splash Pro instead of Paint Shop
Pro. Use the BROWSE button to find the Wsplash.exe program file on
your computer again. The default location is:
"C:\Program Files\Chronasoft\Word Splash Pro"
- Once you have the file listed you need to add a space and then a double-quote
and then %1 and then another quote. That tells the file manager to
pass the file name into Word Splash Pro when it opens. It will look something
like the following when you are done:
"C:\Program Files\Chronasoft\Word Splash Pro" "%1"
- Click all OK or Close buttons until you are out of all opened
WSP file types should now start Word Splash Pro when opened in the File Explorer
or My Computer.
Support EMail: firstname.lastname@example.org